The newest Overwatch Patch brings a lot of hero updates as well as the new Rialto map. Rialto is an escort card that is set against the picturesque backdrop of Venice and has already played an important role for Overwatch in the past.
The official description of Rialto:
“Rialto was the location of Talon Agent Antonio Bartalotti's sprawling estate and the setting for the infamous“ Venice Incident ”that marked a turning point for Overwatch and Talon. The Italian government has spared no effort to preserve Venice in its original state and the results speak for themselves. In this picturesque city, tourists can taste the local cuisine, enjoy a relaxing gondola ride, visit the Galleria D'arte Omnica art gallery or just marvel at the sights on a leisurely stroll along the canal. "
The video shows the brilliant surroundings even better:
The official German Overwatch patch notes can be found below.
If you prefer to look at the changes optically, the user has on Reddit u / itsjieyang a .gif with all customizations provided. He juxtaposes old and new and you can see directly what effects the changes had. Brigitte's shield thrust, the hit angle of which was reduced from 90 to 60, is easier to assess.
Overwatch HERO UPDATES
- Shield push
- The hit angle has been reduced from 90 to 60.
Developer comment: In the fight against Brigitte, you often had the feeling that the shield hit hit players who were actually out of reach and should have avoided it. Conversely, it also often happened that players as Brigitte sometimes hit the wrong target in combat. The decreased hit angle now better matches the visual effect of the ability.
- The hitbox has been made smaller.
Developer comment: Genji's Reflecting hitbox was so big that it sometimes reflected projectiles that were quite far from Genji. We made the hitbox smaller and so solved this problem. Genji is still adequately protected from projectiles that would hit him head-on.
- Storm arc
- Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100.
- Sonar arrow
- The cooldown has been reduced from 20 to 12 seconds.
- Duration reduced from 10 to 6 seconds.
- The area of effect has been reduced from 10 to 7 meters.
- New skills
- Ninja jump
- While in the air, press the jump button to dive horizontally.
- Storm arrows
- Replaces the previous ability Scatter Arrow.
- Hanzo can now fire 6 arrows in a short time, which cause reduced damage, but are always fired at full power.
- Ninja jump
Developer comment: With these changes to Hanzo, we want to offer him new possibilities, maintain his high damage potential and at the same time take away the moments of frustration that his old scatter arrow caused. Hanzo is much more mobile with his new ninja jump and with the combination of increased projectile speed and his new Storm Arrows ability, he can deal high damage more reliably than ever before.
- Grenade launcher
- The projectile size has been reduced from 0.3 to 0.2.
- Kamikaze tires
- The tire speed has been reduced from 13 to 12.
Developer comment: With these changes, we want to alleviate the greatest moments of frustration for Junkrat's opponents. By reducing the projectile size of Grenade Launcher, it will have to aim a little more accurately to land its devastating hits, and because its kamikaze now moves more slowly, enemies will have a little more time to destroy it.
- The wallride along a single surface is now interrupted less often.
- Can now wallride corners (both outward and inward) without leaving the wall.
- Can now land on the same wall he jumped off, as long as his jump moves far enough from his original position.
- A minimal amount of time has been added that the jump button must be held down before Lúcio can wallride corners.
- Sound wave
- No longer uses ammunition.
- Can now be used when reloading.
Developer comment: The wallride has been significantly redesigned so that it works more reliably in more areas on each map. Lúcio players should immediately see that Wallride can now be used in more versatile ways. Additionally, it was just plain unnecessary for the sound booster sound wave to have both a cooldown time and ammo cost, so we removed the latter.
- Pulse bomb
- Maximum damage reduced from 400 to 300
Developer comment: Pulse Bomb was a little too effective at taking out tanks, which because of their size are very easy to hit. By reducing the damage, the Pulse Bomb has a slightly harder time against tanks and still remains deadly against most other heroes.
GAME BROWSERS AND CUSTOM GAMES
- Mercy's regeneration (passive ability) can now be disabled in the custom game settings.
- Settings for Hanzo's Ninja Jump and Storm Arrows skills can now be found in Custom Game Settings.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Invite to a custom game” option to appear in the tutorial and training area.
- Fixed a bug that prevented oxygen tanks and fire extinguishers in take-off areas from taking off as intended when hit.
- Fixed a bug that prevented training bots from returning to their original location and behavior after being hit by an ability (e.g. Lúcio's sound wave).
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to take the wrong path when chasing a player who jumped from a ledge.
- Fixed a bug that could cause bots to work on siege tanks in StarCraft-Areas of Blizzard World could get stuck.
Game browser and custom games
- Fixed a bug that allowed custom game invitations to remain on the invited player's screen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Bastion's Swing Swing Swing spell from playing when his Null Sector Skin was equipped.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Brigitte from being able to use her abilities and flail while her repair kit was in the air.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji's melee attack from playing sound effects.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji's golden weapon variant from shining golden when certain skins were equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused Junkrat's Kamikaze Tire to be immune to the frost effects of Mei's Endothermic Radiator.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Junkrat's kamikaze to appear in walls.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Lúcio to move despite being trapped in Junkrat's steel trap.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Lúcio to wallride vertically upwards.
- Fixed a bug that caused Lúcio to lose movement speed when landing on a wall at certain angles.
- Fixed a bug that prevented loss of control effects (e.g. McCree's stun grenade) from affecting resurrection.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira's Bottle from appearing in its Erlenmeyer Flask Victory Pose when an Overwatch League skin was equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused Reaper's Infernal Shotguns to float in mid-air while previewing his dance emote in the Heroes Gallery.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the camera from focusing as intended during Roadhog's Police Victory Pose.
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog's tow hook to float steps ... in the air during his highlight intro.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the laser sight of the golden variant of Sombra's submachine gun from tapping when its Talon skin was equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused Widowmaker's UI to disappear after using Widow's Kiss in Sniper Mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra's Overwatch League skins to appear faded in the Heroes Gallery.
- Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn's Overwatch League skins to appear faded in the Heroes Gallery.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to stutter during Tracer's time loop when playing at more than 60 FPS.
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck when walking into the Rikimaru Ramen Shop on Hanamura.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to place guns in unintended locations on Horizon Lunar Colony.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go to unintended locations on Horizon Lunar Colony.
- Fixed a bug that caused the pig head on the motorcycle on Junkertown to float in the air after the motorcycle was destroyed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to place guns and Symmetra's teleporters in unintended locations on Junkertown