The Path of Exile Developers published a short annual review at the turn of the year. In addition to the new expansions, patches, features, and player numbers, some funny things are also "celebrated".
One of the notable achievements of 2017 is the installation of new ones stages in the first city. The players had always complained jokingly about the detour between the portal and the dealers in the city, until GGG really built in a little extra staircase.
Of course, this only meant that the players wanted more stairs in 374 other corners. Who knows, maybe GGG will make a little tradition out of it and now add another staircase to Path of Exile every year.
You can find the complete annual review below:
Path of Exile 2017
The year 2018 was heralded here in New Zealand. We wish you, the community, a Happy New Year and share our annual review of 2017 with you. Once again we are proud to announce that it has been the best year so far for Path of Exile and Grinding Gear Games. 2018 is already full of plans and ideas, and we can't wait to bring them to you. In the meantime, let's look back at the past year.
- With the release of The fall of Oriath Path of Exile can be played through for the first time in one piece in 10 acts.
- We set a record for concurrent players (147,333 on our server alone).
- We released two of our biggest content expansions in just one year.
- We released three Challenge Leagues: Legacy, Heralds, and Abyss.
- We now support three more languages on our international servers: Spanish, French and German.
- The publication in China, including the language package in Simplified Chinese, has been hugely popular. Even months after the beta started there, Path of Exile is still on #1 on the list for upcoming games at 17173.com
- We made our console debut on Xbox One.
- Players spent 58% more hours in 2017 than in 2016 on our international servers in Path of Exile.
- Around 4.6 million players played Path of Exile on our international servers this year.
- We have Lion's Eye Watch added stairs..
- Our team has grown from 92 to 105 employees.
- We have installed more than 45 updates and patches on our realms.
- We published 281 news posts - that's an average of 5.4 posts per week.
- We have published a new book: "The Art of Path of Exile".
- We have finally adapted the surface for microtransactions and converted it into a usable version.
- Chris has found another Exalted Sphere.
Thank you for being part of this great year with us. Without you we wouldn't have made it!