The next round of test servers for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS has started and finally the new desert map can Miramar getting tested.
After minor start-up problems, the test server with version 1.0 has been live again since last night and can be used to try out the new card until December 10th.
Test Server - Phase 1 - CET December 8th 11:00 a.m. to December 10th 11:00 a.m.
The Battle Royale Game is almost on the home stretch for release (December 20th) and the developers are still very busy shortly before Christmas. Nevertheless, they take a moment to ponder the past year with PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.
Despite the gigantic rapid development and the many player records that were broken non-stop, they are aware that there were also some bumpy spots and times. Especially those Server infrastructure often couldn't keep up with the huge number of players and had to be continuously improved. Such improvements are still a central point for the programmers, who have high priority in addition to the implementation of new content.
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS will leave the Early Access phase on December 20th and there should be no price increase.
You can find the complete statement of the developers on Steam, the patch notes of the latest patch below:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Patch 1.0
- Added a new map - Miramar. Miramar will be the only map available during phase 1
- Miramar supports 2 weather types:
- Miramar builds on and modifies the core Battle Royale experience by providing varied visuals and gameplay:
- Vaulting & Climbing action will be even more useful when crossing the Miramar terrain
- Players can experience highly tactical battles that will force them to utilize their cover and concealment skills
- Choosing the vehicle type is more important than before, as off-road driving is now different from on-road driving experience
- Added 3 new weapons. These weapons are Miramar exclusives:
- Added R45. R45 will be spawned in world, it uses .45 ammo and 6 bullets can be loaded. Red dot sight can be attached. It has high accuracy and faster reload speed than R1895
- Added Win94. Win94 will be spawned in world. It's a variant of a lever action rifle that uses .45 ammo and 8 bullets can be loaded. It's for an expert player since it doesn't take any attachments and is mid-range effective with slow reload speed but high damage
- Added Sawed-Off. Sawed-Off will be spawned in world. It uses 12 gauge shot and 2 shells can be loaded. No attachments available. It has short range, high dispersion, lower damage than other shotguns but can fire in rapid succession
- Added new Ghillie suit to the care package
- R1895 will not spawn in Miramar
Added 3 new vehicles:
- Added van. Van is a six-seat vehicle. It has low maximum speed and driving force but it has the highest HP in the game. Therefore, the Van can be useful in various tactical situations
- Added pickup. Pickup is a four-seat off-road vehicle and designed to be well adjusted for Miramar's bumpy terrain. Pickup is the most all-around vehicle in the game and suitable for various playstyles
- Added Aquarail. Aquarail is a two-seat water vehicle. The player in the passenger seat can user their weapons. It has good cornering and high mobility so you can expect Aquarail to do well in guerrilla tactics.
Motorcycle and Buggy are also available in Miramar. They have different skins compared to their Erangel cousins.
- Reduced the server lag issue of players moving abnormally
- Added the ability to bandage and boost while in a vehicle (only for the passengers)
- This action can be canceled by a sudden speed change, an impact or a vehicle flip
- Increased damage of Kar98k and M24 and reduced damage of AWM.
- Increased overall damage multiplier to Torso for sniper rifles by 10%
- Increased the vertical aiming range in prone stance
- Improved water penetration particle effects
- Adjusted the blur fade-in effect for scopes
UI / UX
- Redesigned the color of HP bar
- Displayed in yellow when the HP is below 50%
- Displayed in red when the HP is below 25%
- Displayed in red and blinking when the HP is below 10%
- Modified the game font for several regions
- Adjusted Russian, Polish, Turkish, Vietnamese for readability
- Improved the sound effect of frag grenade:
- The sound changes depending on the distance from the explosion
- For example, player can hear only the explosion sound from long distance but within 20m distance, player can hear the explosion sound and the sound of the debris raised by the explosion
- Lowered the sound of the edge of the blue zone
- The position of the gun in FPP will be lowered depending on the scope or other attachment that is mounted on the firearm
- Added the missing firing mode switching animations (and sounds) to UZI
- Tweaked the FPP animations and limits to reduce seeing the inside of own character
- Moved the camera to correct position in FPP mode for drivers
- Position of most of the guns in FPP has been changed to ensure further reduction of clipping with clothing
- Transitions between sprinting and running animations are now smoother.
- Leaning animations have been improved to ensure consistency between ADS / FPP and TPP
- Now player can fall (F key) from the airplane while the world map is open
- Fixed the issue where most of the melee attack animations were not displayed when jumping in place and attacking
- Fixed the issue where changing stances while punching (from standing to crouching and vice versa) will not be instant anymore
- Fixed the issue where while vaulting in FPP, player could look inside own body
- Fixed the unintentionally extreme aim punch when being hit
- Improved the animation loops to prevent gun "skipping" while moving crouched in ADS
- Fixed the issue where the character movement speeds were inconsistent when using sprint button and traveling in any direction other than forward, forward left and forward right
- The reticle on 15x scope will no longer appear blurry when used for the first time
- Fixed the issue where a player could lean out of a vehicle even though they should not be able to physically (due to an object blocking the area outside the window)
- When scoping and close to the wall, character should no longer be able to see through it
- Running with DP-28 should now be slower (same as other LMG and sniper rifles)
- Fixed the issue where a player would occasionally be teleported to remote location while vaulting