The makers behind Red Dead Redemption 2 let us fidget for a long time, but now the third trailer has finally been released. The 6 million views of the video in less than 24 hours show how immense the hype and interest in the new rock star title is.
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Spoiler Warning
The video is not labeled as a story trailer for nothing, so there are a lot of spoilers in the 2 minutes. So if you want to plunge into the Wild West adventure completely unencumbered, you should be careful.
We have compiled some of the highlights from the trailer for you:
- Back to the past: Red Dead Redemption 2 is playing 12 years before the second part. "In 1899 the Wild West was almost tamed" with this line will tell us the exact year in which at least most of the story will take place.
- John Marston confirmed: In the second trailer there was already a hint that the protagonist of the first part would appear again. As is known from the first story, Marston was part of the Van der Linde gang, which also makes the area unsafe in the second part.
- Blackwater: The city from the first part is again one of the locations. The Van der Linde gang is planning a raid there, but falls on their face.
- The gang on the run: Because of the failed raid, the gang is on the run. In addition to the official bodies are also Bounty hunter on their tracks and they are usually not squeamish when it says "dead or alive".
- The whole trailer reflects a pretty depressing mood. Arthur Morgen's sentence alone “It's almost over here. We are more ghosts than humans. " doesn't sound really positive. Conversely, it fits in with the end of the Wild West era and brings across how “the good old days” are drawing to a close.
Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.