The latest content update for Fortnite V.4.4 and brings for example the stink bomb for the battle royale mode.
There is also the time-limited mode: Final battle - 20 teams. There the rules of the normal battle royale change a bit. The eye of the storm does not shrink completely, but stops after the third eye. Then the final countdown starts, at the end of which the team that has the most living players on the battlefield wins. If several teams have the same number of troops, the victory is shared.
The stink bomb
The cloud created by the stink bomb inflicts 5 damage on all players in 0.5 second intervals. After 9 seconds the cloud disappears.
The bomb is found on the floor or in chests, and it can also be found in the range of vending machines.
You can find the complete patch notes for the Fortnite Battle Royale mode below:
Fortnite - V.4.4 - Battle Royale
- Several bugs with Discord integration have been fixed. We've also improved the information shown to users in a Battle Royale and Save the World match.
Limited Time Mode: Final Battle - Teams of 20
Survive the countdown! The eyes of the storm give players more freedom to hunt down their opponents. The last eye starts a countdown, and when that is up, the team with the most players alive wins. Teams can even share the epic tie in this time-limited mode!
- The final battle is similar to the normal Battle Royale - however, the eye of the storm does not completely contract here, but stops after the third eye.
- As soon as the eye no longer shrinks, the final countdown starts.
- The remaining teams then fight each other until the time runs out.
- The team that has the most players at the end of the countdown wins!
- Should there be a tie between two (or more) teams, they will share the victory.
Weapons and objects
- The stink bomb is now in the game.
- It creates a smelly cloud that deals 5 damage to players every half second.
- The cloud lasts for 9 seconds.
- Frequency level: epic
- Can be found on the floor, in chests, and purchased from vending machines.
- Can be found as loot in stacks of 3 and has a maximum stack size of 5 in the inventory.
- Rocket launchers have had their reload time increased based on their frequency level.
- Rarely: from 2.3 to 2.8 seconds.
- Epic: from 2.185 to 2.66 seconds.
- Legendary: from 2.07 to 2.52 seconds.
- The maximum number of unloaded missiles has been set to 12.
- Buildings built by opponents no longer light up with the infrared sight.
- Crackling campfires now light up with the infrared visor.
- From a distance, it no longer looks like there's a gap between the back accessory and the player.
- Fixed a bug where two buses overlapped on the start island.
- Fixed performance problems on Nintendo Switch caused by frequent calling of time functions (especially during free fall).
- The streaming level has been optimized in order to smooth out some stuttering on Nintendo Switch during the free fall.
- The music of the "Bel Air" emote has been added again.
- The volume attenuation of the noise when opening supply deliveries has been corrected. This should stop it sounding like the delivery is opening right next to you, even though it happens a long way away.
- If you detonate right next to you, the explosion sound will play correctly (iOS and Nintendo Switch).
- A HUD option for the "Net Debug Stats" has been added for Xbox.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash after purchasing items from the item shop.
- When using customizable outfits, the last saved version will now appear always in the locker preview.
The patch notes for the Save the World mode have been added:
Fortnite - save the world
Missions and Systems
- Fixed an issue that prevented further progress. But bulky chrome shells could no longer spawn when the job "Magnets!" Was completed. Players whose progress was blocked by this will now advance again.
- New designer demolition class: 8-bit demo is now available in the event shop.
- Available starting Wednesday, June 21 at 2:00 a.m. EDT.
Advertising: Buy Fortnite Items on MMOGA