It's been 4 months since the PlayStation 4 hit was released God of War and the developers are celebrating the mini anniversary on August 20th with a new patch. This brings the New Game + mode, which you unlock after completing the game.
The New Game + mode brings more features than just replaying it, including new equipment, tougher opponents and the option to skip cutscenes.
- Go on the journey again in any difficulty level with Kratos and Atreus and use all your previous armor, spells, talismans, resources and skills.
- Prove your skills against trickier opponents: some of them even have a few new aces up their sleeves!
- New Game + mode only: a brand new rarity for assembling and upgrading equipment. You can collect “skap slag”, a new resource to have your equipment optimized by the best blacksmiths.
- Experience the game in a completely new way by testing the new customization options with the extremely powerful new armor sets and spells.
- In addition, once you've played through the game, you can now skip cutscenes in both normal and plus mode and jump straight back into the action.
Source: PlayStation Blog
So the developers offer a lot of new reasons for playing the game again. And if you want to treat yourself to a special challenge, “Give me God of War New Game +” is a really tough one.
The update will be released on August 20th, exactly on the day of God of War's 4 month birthday.