The release date for the PC version of Final Fantasy XV is finally certain. From March 6th, millions of new fans can go on a journey with Prince Noctis. For the first time in the history of the Final Fantasy series comes a PC version of the latest offshoot of the cult series. In the past, PC gamers had to wait for 10 year old remakes. Final Fantasy XV on the other hand, it is only a year old and receives regular updates and DLCs.
Thanks to the close cooperation with Nvidia the PC implementation looks really great and lets you forget the waiting time.
Final Fantasy XV - Windows and Royal Edition content
Along with the announcement of the release date, Square Enix is also revealing new information about the exact content of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition and the new one "Royal Edition" for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
With the new special editions comes the basic game + 20 expansions / DLC, together with new features such as a larger map of Insomnia with additional opponents and side quests.
Here is a brief overview:
- Extended map: The Insomnia ruins offer new quests and opponents like Cerberus or Omega.
- The freely steerable Royal Boot: With this, players explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Of course, the lively group can also use the boat for a fishing trip.
- New items with powerful properties
- The new first-person camera mode
- Over a dozen pieces of downloadable content, including weapons, regalia liveries, and in-game items.
- All content of the Season Pass is included. Especially the DLCs episode Gladiolus / Prompto / Ignis and the multiplayer expansion Comrades
- Quests and improvements for the Regalia Type-D
- New trophies
The trailer at the beginning of the article particularly demonstrates the improved graphics that PC gamers can expect. Final Fantasy XV will be released on March 6, 2018 for PC, at the same time the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition will be released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.