Fortnite Patch V3.1.0 brings a new location on the southern edge of the island and the new hunting rifle for the Battle Royale mode, as well as the dragon fire shotgun for Save the World. Also for the save the world mode comes the new defender Val.
The frequencies of volley assault rifles and revolvers have been adjusted for the Fortnite Battle Royale mode.
Battle Royale - hunting rifle
Save the World - Shotgun "Dragon Fire"
Save the world - Val
- The controller and mouse can now be used together.
- The animation of the notification interface has been updated and actions now close the window immediately.
- If the game window is closed on the PC using the cross at the top right, this must first be confirmed.
- The ping value in the Net Debug Stats should now be more precise because the frame rate is no longer included.
- Fixed some severe stuttering that could occur during texture streaming.
- Fixed a problem where the location information in the group search would overlap with buttons. The text is now displayed as ticker.
- Fixed an issue where the player slot selection icon in the lobby would disappear after switching through the tabs.
- Do you want to stay up to date on community issues? Then look at you here our chic new Trello board Fortnite | Community Issues to (in English).
Fortnite - Battle Royale
Weapons and objects
- The hunting rifle is now in the game!
- This rifle, which is loaded with only one bullet, does not have a scope and is effective at medium to long range.
- Frequency grades: unusual and rare
- Can be found in treasure chests and on the ground.
- The probability with which weapons of certain frequency levels appear has been adjusted.
- Volley assault rifle probabilities:
- Usually 20 % is less common.
- Unusually, 60 % is more common.
- Rarely is 150 % more common.
- Probabilities of revolvers:
- Usually 10 % is less common.
- Unusually, 33 % is more common.
- Rarely is 75 % more common.
- Probabilities of revolvers:
- Unusually, 10 % is less common.
- Rarely, 33 % is more common.
- Epic is 75 % more common.
- The better frequency grades of these weapons were unnecessarily seldom. This does not change the overall probability with which these weapons can be found, but the chance of finding the rarer variants increases. - Developer's comment
- Volley assault rifle probabilities:
- Fixed inconsistencies between the position of the crosshair and the position of the gun muzzle that occurred when shooting at close range.
- Fixed shotgun collision inconsistencies that occurred when shooting through openings and past corners.
- Slightly adjusted the loot in the following locations:
- Snobby Shores (13 spawn points for loot on the ground and 4 chests removed)
- Industrial area north of Flush Factory (4 spawn points for loot on the ground and 3 chests removed)
- Tilted Towers (8 spawn points for loot on the ground and 4 chests removed)
- Fixed issues where weapons would not be equipped because they were not reloaded.
- This counteracts the bug where weapons were not equipped or did not work at the beginning of the match.
- We've done something about the issue where, on rare occasions, players suddenly couldn't build.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that occurred when players kicked the ball out of Greasy Grove or the football stadium.
- Fixed a few rare cases where players could push themselves against slants or ceilings from below and thus be able to throw grenades to the other side.
- Fixed an issue with the Boogie Bomb where its duration would not refresh correctly if a player was hit multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where the glow of chests could not be seen from a distance.
- Fixed the soccer score display in Pleasant Park as it was previously crediting points for the wrong side.
- The new location "Lucky Landing" has been added on the southern edge of the island.
- You will now receive group suggestions in the lobby.
- The group size is now shown in the player status.
- Group invitation notifications now have new animations.
- Invitation notifications will now close when clicked.
- Player status text that is too long no longer covers the invite and join buttons.
- Fixed an issue where emotes could no longer be used in the lobby after a player exited.
- Fixed an issue where switching the language to Chinese or Korean would result in incorrectly displayed text.
- Fixed an issue where the 60 frames / sec mode would reset to 30 when restarting the game on PS4.
- Fixed an issue where look for groups could open twice.
- Fixed an issue where full groups would show up as solo players to join.
- Fixed an issue where the invite and join actions were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where group members with full teams would sometimes not show up in the group display.
Graphics / animations
- The dusting effects of sprinting can be seen again at low settings.
- The position when firing from the hip now remains when a player shoots and changes weapons immediately afterwards.
- Fixed tremors when sliding against surfaces.
- Fixed an issue where characters' animations would no longer appear when watched after death.
- Fixed an issue where using emotes would cause weapons to be picked up too early.
- Fixed a bug that prevented characters' body parts from animating at low frame rates.
- The graphic effects of shields have been fixed, as they were not displayed correctly in the ski professional and head cracker outfits.
- The flag on Ski Professional US's arm has been updated and is now the correct way round.
- The hand cannon volume has been decreased to be more like the revolver.
- The volume of the windmills in Anarchy Acres and Fatal Fields has been decreased.
- The sound effects when hitting vulnerabilities were reset to the volume value prior to V.3.0.0.
- Fixed an issue where the building placement sound effect would play repeatedly during freefall if the pickaxe was equipped in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the lobby music would start over each time its volume was lowered to 0 by emote music.
- Fixed an issue where the storm sounds would be heard in the wrong locations on the map.
- The clicking sound of build mode will no longer be played to dropped players.
- The overall frame rate has been increased as less processing power is now used on characters far away.
- The calculation times of weapons have been optimized and their memory consumption has been reduced.
Fortnite - save the world
- The Spring storm continues with the new series of “Courageous Beginnings”.
- Quite a few have already given up on their good intentions, but Val hasn't. Join this brave survivor on her mission so that she can face the storm as a defender.
- We have added zones with new group missions to the map. Currently these are “Fight The Storm” missions designed for four players.
- Four more defenders can be deployed in these missions.
- For the group missions you will receive roughly double the rewards, but this excludes the Spring Storm Gold (the amounts remain the same).
- The pulse grenade is now in play.
- Use it to throw the hulls in the air or off cliffs!
- You can use it to transport yourself or your friends to areas that are difficult to access!
- You only have these grenades temporarily - they will be removed from your inventory at the end of the mission.
- The Dragonfire Shotgun is now available in the Weekly Shop!
- Shoot a deadly cone of flame, damaging all hulls in the area.
- This heavy automatic shotgun shoots a little slower and its magazine isn't quite that big.
- Dragon Roar Assault Rifle damage increased by 20 %.
- Voting will now take place when using the BluGlo difficulty pylon.
- As soon as enough BluGlo has been filled in to increase the difficulty, the voting window opens.
- For teams of 2 or 3 players, 2 “yes” votes are required to increase the difficulty. Teams of four require at least 3 “yes” votes.
- If the vote is positive, the team can immediately vote again for an increase in difficulty.
- If the voting fails, there is a 45 second anti-spam period in which no voting can be made. The BluGlo spent goes back to the player who started the voting.
- If there is only one player on the mission, there is no need to vote.
- Training manuals, trap designs and weapon designs spent on developing sketches and characters will now be refunded on recycling and on return.
- This refund is in addition to the previous 1/4/9 rare / epic / legendary items that you receive when you recycle or return.
- The "Critical Damage Against Suffering Targets" weapon modifier has been increased from 30/45/60 % to 45 / 67.5 / 90 %.
- The Dragon Rocket Launcher can no longer receive magazine size weapon perks.
- Missile and grenade launchers can no longer receive headshot weapon perks. In return, shelf life advantages are now possible.
- In the case of wooden wall spikes, the advantages for reloading speed have been removed and replaced by useful advantages.
- In the case of wall and floor catapults, the benefits for damage, critical damage and critical hit chance have been removed and replaced with useful benefits.
- Fixed an issue where players could damage Lars' bus in Countdown battles.
- Bugs with small fireworks boxes have been fixed, as they left red envelopes when they were destroyed by propane tanks of bulky shells.
- The “Play Now” button of the “You want to make yourself a hoverboard?” Job has been deactivated, as it is quite important for this job that you enter the correct zone type - i.e. city zones.
- In the "Deliver the Bomb" missions, the difficulty pylon is temporarily unavailable to counteract issues with blocking rails.
- When players play in zones that are well below their own level, their group scores are weakened. We will continue to work on this weakening in the future so that groups of players of different levels are offered an appropriate challenge.
- [Revision] "IFF coding" advantage
- Plasma Pulse Kills cause the Constructor's Shield to regenerate 15 % faster than normal for 2 seconds. Successive kills with plasma pulse renew the duration.
- [Revision] Soldier subclass Berserker
- Removed “Under Pressure” as a Level 12 Perk and replaced it with “It's Personal”.
- "Kneecap Killer" now replaces "It's Getting Personal" as a level 30 perk.
- The soldier perk "It's getting personal" has been revised:
- Warcry causes 3 Crippling Shot stacks on nearby enemies.
- The kill counter has been removed for the “Fragment Generation” benefit and the tooltip has been updated accordingly.
- The fragment generation kill counter no longer resets after 15 seconds.
- If you start “phase change” now in the air, part of your momentum will be retained.
- Forward Command !!! base damage increased from 13 to 25.
- “Forward command !!!” no longer counts as a long-range weapon and thus no longer benefits from “Paralyzing Shot”.
- Crescent Kick can now be used in the air.
- Marauder Nomad is now called Marauder Raptor.
- The graphic effect is now displayed correctly when the Tactical Perk "Dragon Show" is triggered.
- Fixed an issue where survivors with the Bull Storm Constructor Skill could be pushed along.
- Corrected the tilt angle of TEDDY's cannons when shooting at enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the pickaxe would stop responding if the player was stringing actions in the middle of the strike.
- Fixed an issue where the soldier's "shockwave" was delaying damage.
- When the explorer's "electric shock tower" deals damage, the graphic lightning effect is now displayed correctly.
- You can now switch through the survivor units without having to go back from the current unit.
- You can now remove all survivors from a unit with a single action.
- Pop-up context menus can now be operated using certain keys.
- The ninja is no longer specifically mentioned for the tactical perk "dragon fool".
- Fixed an issue where the collection was not listed under bonuses for the second and third salvage skills in the skill tree.
- Fixed an issue where tracking the cruise control job would not display the “Drive the hoverboard” goal in the HUD if it was not completed.
- The recycling and further development of sketches is now temporarily blocked while the item is in the list of crafting orders.
- The volume of the music in the mission reward screen has been corrected.
- The short music from supply deliveries has been removed.
- Fixed the issue with music switching where the music was suddenly too loud.
- A second mix was added. While the beginning of the first sounds more like a glorious victory, the second is more muted.
- Sound effects are no longer attenuated by dialogues, which can now also be influenced by the "Volume Dialog" slider.
- The loud music when transitioning to the mission rewards has been corrected.
- The short music that plays when you are particularly successful now has less pronounced high-frequency tones.
- The battle music and theme music no longer start and stop suddenly.
- When switching to the loot tab, the music no longer starts from the beginning every time.
- The loot tab music no longer plays continuously.