Yesterday the developers of Grinding Gear Games (GGG) were still talking about their plans for Path of Exile, today the next patch came. In addition to a number of bug fixes, the update also includes the Abyss / Abyss support packages.
Path of Exile - backer packages
Thanks to these supporter packages is Path of Exile one of the most successful FreeToPlay games ever and receives new patches, expansions and content that put the competition in the shade. These packages are a bit more expensive than the usual microtransactions (50 €) but offer complete, unique armor sets and 550 points. 550 points alone would cost 50 €, so the armor set is practically free as you can buy boxes or other cosmetic items for the points.
If you consider that full price games nowadays cost € 60 + DLC / Season Pass and still have microtransactions, the prices of the supporter packages are even cheap.
The 2nd major change concerns the abyss Lich Monster:
“On your explorations through the abyssal depths in areas with a higher level, you could even encounter a Lich boss. These challenging boss fights are fairly rare, but they are all the more rewarding. Only if you defeat a lich can you soon call yourself the proud owner of a unique abyss item. "
So the patch notes for the Abyss / Abyss League, unfortunately only a few players have enjoyed these rare encounters so far. So few that GGG reacted directly to the feedback from the community and with Patch 3.1.1. the chance of Lichs increased significantly.
“The chance of encountering a Lich boss at the end of an abyss in maps of level 75 and above is now three times more likely. The chance of encountering a Lich boss in level 70-74 cards has been increased even further to match the chance of level 75 cards. "
But who knows? Maybe it's not so good to meet these evil characters, because they are among the extremely dangerous specimens and hardcore characters in particular should be careful.
Path of Exile - Patch 3.1.1 German patch notes
- The Abyss Aid Packs have been added.
- The chance of encountering a Lich boss at the end of an abyss in maps level 75 and above is now three times more likely. The chance of encountering a Lich boss in level 70-74 cards has been increased even further to match the chance of level 75 cards.
- An icon has been added to the minimap that moves along with the demolition.
- The 'Pen' map can no longer spawn as a Zana mission because it could not be completed with the mission "Kill the Corrupted Bosses".
- Debuffs are now displayed on the second line instead of the first line if no buffs were active.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes no audio could be heard if too many sounds were playing.
- Fixed a bug where some guilds could not display the chest compartments in their guild chest.
- Fixed a bug where cards could no longer be entered after migrating a self-sufficient account with a card chest slot.
- Fixed a bug where 'remove only' chest slots would not work properly.
- A bug has been fixed where the debuff icon could be covered by the amok kill counter.
- Fixed a bug where the "Abort Mission" option would appear at the top of Vagan's dialog menu.
- Fixed a bug where safes could revive Abyssal monsters.
- Fixed a bug where a monster with the Incorporated Treasure modifier would not drop a unique item.
- Fixed a bug where the "Destroy Atziri's Trio by Killing A'alai Last" challenge could not be completed.
- Fixed a bug where Amanamu, Lord of the Lightless, would no longer take any actions and would become immune to damage. This is a follow-up fix to the previous interim fix that was implemented in 3.1.0d.
- Fixed a bug where the Annihilator could channel Lightning Vines without being able to see the target.
- Fixed a bug where creatures were not being properly supported by Multiple Strike and Spell Echo.
- Fixed a bug where spells set in the Poet's Pen would prevent other trigger skills from being triggered.
- Fixed a bug where "Projectiles receive x% of damage (excluding Chaos damage) as extra Chaos damage per chain" did not work correctly if you only had 1 chain.
- Fixed a bug where "Heretic's Face Veil" would incorrectly display "x% reduced effect of set gems" instead of "set gems have x% reduced mana reservation".
- A bug has been fixed where items could take on an unintended combination of modifiers, causing the modifier "Socketed gems are supported by 'Poison" level 38 "to be displayed on items. This is a purely visual error. Existing objects remain as they are.
- Fixed a bug where Blood Sacrifice would not share the same category with other Sacrifice spells.
- Fixed a bug where the Cremation skill, supported by Magic Cascade, was not using the correct number of corpses.
- Fixed a bug where the skill 'Reincarnation', supported by 'Magic Totem', would not be able to target corpses near Kitava.
- Fixed a bug where 'Magma Ball' projectiles would not behave correctly when the skill was assisted by 'Projectile Volley'.
- Fixed two crashes when encountering the Annihilator.
- An instance crash has been fixed.