The 8th update for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS has arrived on the test server. So comes in as a big new feature Weapon skin system. The developers are also working on a new lobby system where players can only choose from servers in the region in which they live.
PC players, we've deployed a new test build to test our weapon skin system, as well as other changes and fixes. Jump on and check it out. You can read the full patch notes here: https://t.co/HiGAC2JMMy pic.twitter.com/RlCO3gm9jm
- PUBG Help (@PUBG_help) March 26, 2018
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - weapon skins
The selection of skins can be found in the new tab "Weapons" under Customization instead, the weapon categories are arranged alphabetically.
All weapons are divided into:
- Acquired (Received / Unlocked)
- Order in the order in which they were received
- Equipped (Equipped)
- Arranged in time depending on when they were last equipped
- Sorted by tier / level in descending order
With the "View More" button further details can be displayed.
Weapon skins are unlocked by placing them in Crates be found, initially there are 2 crates.
- Triumph Crate: Costs and is a weekly random crate
- Raider Crate: Free and not random
Since the developers are now legally forced to state the probability of any kind of loot box, the chances for the individual items from the boxes are included directly:
- Desert Digital - R45: 15%
- Rugged (Orange) - UMP9: 15%
- Rugged (Orange) - SCAR-L: 10%
- Rugged (Orange) - M416: 10%
- Rugged (Orange) - AKM: 10%
- Rugged (Orange) - Kar98k: 10%
- Gold Plate - Win94: 5%
- Trifecta - P92: 5%
- Desert Digital - Mini14: 4.5%
- Trifecta - Micro UZI: 4.5%
- Gold Plate - Sawed-Off: 4.5%
- Desert Digital - Kar98k: 2.5%
- Trifecta - SCAR-L: 1.3%
- Desert Digital - M416: 1.3%
- Gold Plate - SKS: 0.6%
- Glory - UMP9: 0.32%
- Gold Plate - S12K: 0.32%
- Glory - AKM: 0.16%
- Rugged (Beige) - Crossbow: 20%
- Rugged (Beige) - M16A4: 20%
- Rugged (Beige) - S686: 20%
- Rugged (Beige) - SKS: 20%
- Rugged (Beige) - Kar98k: 6.5%
- Rugged (Beige) - S12K: 6.5%
- Silver Plate - R1895: 3%
- Jungle Digital - P18C: 1.4%
- Silver Plate - DP-28: 1.4%
- Silver Plate - S1897: 0.4%
- Jungle Digital - SKS: 0.28%
- Silver Plate - Vector: 0.28%
- Turquoise Delight - P1911: 0.08%
- Silver Plate - SCAR-L: 0.05%
- Jungle Digital - AWM: 0.05%
- Turquoise Delight - Tommy Gun: 0.028%
- Turquoise Delight - Kar98k: 0.0128%
- Turquoise Delight - M16A4: 0.0128%
- Gold Plate - S686: 0.0064%
The ability for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS players in any region to play in any other region not only provides advantages. The Chinese players in particular are known for an extremely high proportion of cheaters and hackers on the American server. This was even made by representatives of the anti cheater software Battleye confirmed as a sad fact, over 90% of the blocked accounts come from China.
To address this problem, the community has been asking for one for a long time Region lockwhich has not yet been implemented. Now, however, there seems to have been a rethink at Bluehole and the new update will test the lobby for the combined KR / JP server separated. So only players from Korea should be able to see and select the KR servers and the Japanese players vice versa only the JP servers. If you have a friend in the other region, you can still play together and have the full choice from all servers that are both accessible.
This serves as a first test and it remains to be seen whether the feature will prove itself and then be introduced for all other servers.